Saturday, January 16, 2010

How much is the annual fee for Elementary, Middle and High School students in an average public school in USA


How much is the annual fee for Elementary, Middle and High School students in an average public school in USA?
One of my students asked me this question this morning and I just asked for time to find out more information about the subject. Please help me. I am a foreign teacher working in China now.
Primary & Secondary Education - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It does not cost anything directly to enroll a student in a public school but they are paid for by taxes.
2 :
Public schools are free to students everywhere in the US.
3 :
Public schools do not cost the student or his/her parents anything to attend. They are totally funded by the taxpayers, primarily through property taxes.
4 :
American public schools are free of charge to the students. American taxpayers pay about $5000 to $9000 per year per student... but most of that money goes in to administrative costs rather than into the classroom.
5 :
In my school district it costs $50 per year for Kdg., $80 for 1st-8th and $135 for 9-12th grade. This has always irked me as I thought that is what my taxes go for. I am surprised that many people said it is free; not that I doubt them, but in our district it is not like that. On top of that we also pay extra fees for band, chorus, and sports.


 Read more discussion :