Monday, March 8, 2010

I am planning to send my son to a high school in USA. Any idea how much will it cost


I am planning to send my son to a high school in USA. Any idea how much will it cost?
And also which high schools do you recommend?
Other - Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 .It completely depends on where in the US you're planning on going. As far as I know, there aren't any specific high schools that stand out, so I would look for general neighborhood and city you want to live in. And public schools are free for the most part, and private schools cost various amounts. In the city where I live, the private school costs $10,000 per year, but the public school I went to cost me nothing.
2 .depends if he can get into college or university. It usually costs international students triple times more than U.S citizens. The school and the U.S would want you to show proof you have atleast $25,000 in your bank and must issue a bank statement in U.S dollars... so the student doesnt work (student-visa doesnt allow working) and wont have financial hardship. Also its usually around 8-10 thousand a year for tuition and another $12,000 for living expenses. for a year it would approximatly cost $22,000-25,000 for tuition and living for one year. (and this is just for regular colleges) universities are usually higher in tuition.