Monday, February 1, 2010

Do you need work related experience to become a traveling respiratory therapist after school


Do you need work related experience to become a traveling respiratory therapist after school?
I start classes for respiratory therapist in feb. I hear ppl make more money traveling, plus I think it will be perfect for me cause I have no kids, no spouse, no commitments. I want to travel I think it would a great opportunity and experience to travel. Besides I am young.Plus it would be educational to work in different environments.Is there any agencies that will except me right after school? USA Traveling only Any helpful advice is welcomed, thank You.
Respiratory Diseases - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
it helps
2 :
Your best bet is to contact a traveling rt company directly to find out what their rules are but as a traveling nurse, the usual amount of experiences required is one year. There are always exceptions to the rule but if you find a company that will take you straigt out of school (which i highly discourage) be prepared for the hospitals/facilities where you apply for jobs to give you a hard time.
3 :
talk to the counselor and instructor for more info. traveler RT is a great way to meet people, get experience, and see the world.
4 :
I was a traveling RT for 6 years. I worked all throughout the Midwest and beyond. Some companies are desperate enough to take a new grad, but the consequence is lower pay for you. Also, when you are new you cant tell the good companies from the bad. My good experiences were with, Club Staffing, Compheath, Aureus, to name a few. Go to healthcaretraveler.com for a free magazine and tons of information on travel agencies. Good Luck!
Read more discussion :